Things to do
Things to do in Addis
Addis has a very active social life with many cultural events, mostly organized by embassies, their cultural centers or several NGO's.
The next few weeks in Addis: Check local websites http:www.thisisaddis.com/ and also http:www.whatsupaddis.com/ for much more information or add additional information you might have!
NGO Handicraft Bazaar, at the International Evangelical Church (near the African Union), the last Saturday of every month, from 8:30am until 12:30pm.
Cinema: There is a modern cinema complex (Edna mall) with 3 amphitheaters and also electronic games. Check here for the daily program.
Night life: (please add some you might know about and like it!) From a cold beer to a night out on the town, there are some great options when it comes to visiting Addis Ababa. Here are a few tips and destination ideas while you’re in town, where you can find some great nighttime options to take in.
Nice bars to have a drink and hear some music:
- Black rose (New location unknown)
- Flirt Lounge (Lucky Building on the road between Edna Mall and Friendship City Centre)
- Harlem Jazz, with live music on Friday nights (Bole road, near the airport)
- Fahrenheit (near Edna Mall, in front Maden Halen orthodox church)
- Le Bateau Ivre (in Kasanchis)
- Club Alize - Jazz night every Friday and acoustic/soul/jazz/pop/funk (Munit &Jorg) every Thursday & Saturday (off Bole road, MGK Bldg (3rd floor) across the millennium hall (0911163031) from 21:00
- African Jazz Village (9°00'50.3"N 38°45'34., 8, Ethiopia)
- Tam Tam (Global hotel)
- Gazlight (Sheraton hotel)
- Memo (near Meskal Square)
- Club Illusion: Oldies Night, hits of 1989-99
- Gaslight, Sheraton: smart casual attire but no sneakers, from 10pm
- Sheraton’s Office Bar, Zemen Band plays from Thursdays to Saturdays as from 8 PM
- Mama’s Kitchen (Bole, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)